# Contribution Guide
We love your input! We want to make contributing to this project as easy and transparent as possible, whether it's:
- Reporting a bug
- Discussing the current state of the code
- Submitting a fix
- Proposing new features
- Becoming a maintainer
# We Develop with Github
We use github to host code, to track issues and feature requests, as well as accept pull requests.
# We Use Github Flow (opens new window), So All Code Changes Happen Through Pull Requests
Pull requests are the best way to propose changes to the codebase (we use Github Flow (opens new window)). We actively welcome your pull requests:
- Fork the repo and create your branch from
- If you've added code that should be tested, add tests.
- If you've changed APIs, update the documentation.
- Ensure the test suite passes.
- Make sure your code lints.
- Issue that pull request!
# Any contributions you make will be under the Apache License 2.0
In short, when you submit code changes, your submissions are understood to be under the same Apache License 2.0 (opens new window) that covers the project. Feel free to contact the maintainers if that's a concern.
# Report bugs using Github's issues (opens new window)
We use GitHub issues to track public bugs. Report a bug by opening a new issue (opens new window); it's that easy!
# Write bug reports with detail, background, and sample code
Great Bug Reports tend to have:
- A quick summary and/or background
- Steps to reproduce
- Be specific!
- Give sample code if you can.
- What you expected would happen
- What actually happens
- Notes (possibly including why you think this might be happening, or stuff you tried that didn't work)
People love thorough bug reports. I'm not even kidding.
# Use a Consistent Coding Style
GetCandy uses StyleCI to keep coding style consistent and will automatically check pull requests. To keep your coding style consistent, please stick to Laravel Coding Style (opens new window).
By contributing, you agree that your contributions will be licensed under its Apache License 2.0.